Google

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Thrift Stories - Aqua


I have a history with things aqua. It's one of those go-to colors that always pulls my attention. It's such a happy hue.


A year or so ago I found this vintage rotary telephone. Slightly overpriced, I just had to have it!

It's kept me company in my office ringing away with its classic bell tone. (Yes, it works!)

Although as a practical device in these digital times - not so much. (Try responding to a menu tree from a rotary phone - can't be done!)

 Great accessory piece, regardless of it's practicality.



For practicality, a Samsonite suitcase fits the bill. This one was tucked into a corner of my favorite thrift shop. (The one that features a wide range of prices.)

 For $4.00 it came home with me. I love the subtle sparkle to the aqua blue textured exterior, and I love the shirred cover over the lid.

 It's a bit stained inside so I use it to tote art supplies to our Odd Tuesday creative group.



Some items come with great surprises inside.

 A recent jaunt to that same thrift shop on a busy day had me feeling that the offerings were picked over.

 Up high on a shelf I spied this aqua and white ice bucket - obviously older with the robust metal handle. Dangling from the side was a small tag with tiny writing - "ice bucket with 35 silver".


They weren't kidding - inside an almost complete set of Towle silverplate flatware. Gorgeous! Made my day.

Suburban thrift picking - always a pleasure and sometimes there's treasure!

Do you venture out thrift picking? Are there go-to items that you always seem to be picking up?



As always - thanks for stopping by!

Want to keep up with my posts? Subscribe to Blissfully Imperfect
Sharing with:
Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures

4 comments:

  1. Awesome find, Jackie! I'm a huge fan of aqua too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, I got really excited looking at all your beautiful thrift store finds. That's my favourite thing to do, LOL I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What finds! I need to go shopping with you! That aqua-on-white bowl is part of a set that alternates with white-on-aqua bowls. My grandmother had the set when I was a little girl. The suitcase reminds me of my other grandmother. Love the shirred cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love aqua! You are so lucky your phone still works :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Love to read your comments - whether on vintage thrifting or creative stitching!! (Comments are moderated due to high spam lately - sorry!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails